Revision as of 18:18, 29 October 2012 by Mikeh
The lacpug FCP FAQ Wiki is a collaborative project for Final Cut users.
AppleCare Support Docs
- Will FCS run on my computer?
- How do I connect an external monitor?
- How much RAM do I need to run FCS?
- How much storage do I need?
- What is dropframe and non-dropframe timecode?
- What devices work with FCP?
- How do I register Quicktime Pro?
- Which brands of external drives are recommended?
- Should I get FCP or FCE?
- How do I calibrate my broadcast monitor?
- Can I install a single copy of Final Cut Studio on more than one computer?
- Where Can I Get Training for Final Cut Studio?
- Where Can I Find More Final Cut Studio Resources on the Web?
- How do I check the read/write speed of my drives?
- Where do I find Manuals?
Log and Capture
- I can't capture (or save) files over 2GBs
- FCP says it Can't find Timecode
- FCP reports Timecode Breaks
- FCP 4.5 (and older) drops frames with 10.4.9 capture
- How do I capture and edit with anamorphic 16:9 footage?
- How do I digitize 24p 24pA?
- Video plays in Viewer but stutters in Canvas
- F9, F10, F11 keys don't work
- What's that green checkmark/yellow triangle?
- Why do I have to render?
- Scaling stills causes strobing
- Where's my audio scrubbing?
- Nudging clips on the timeline
- Why are my still picts green?
- How do I insert or overwrite a sequence into timeline?
- How do I apply multiple transitions to a track?
- How do I make my 4:3 footage work in a 16:9 project?
- Why does my Video display fine in FCP but not Quicktime?
- What is ProRes?
- Can't capture HDV Video.
- Understanding HD
- What's the best workflow for working with HDV?
- HDV won't play on an external monitor
- DV to DVCPRO HD with Compressor
- How does HDV work?
- How do I work with P2 media?
- (NTSC) Title/Action safe Template in a 16:9 frame
- After upgrading to FCP 6.0.2 Log & Transfer no longer works
- I'm having problems mounting XDCAM volumes
- What files are required to work with P2?
- How do I get timecode burn-in?
- How do I export to WMV?
- How do I export still images?
- How can I compress for the Web?
- Compressor 2 NTSC and Pal Conversion
- Why does my 16:9 export display as 4:3 in Quicktime?
- How do I get my sound out to a CD?
- How do I upload my Movie to YouTube with Maximum Quality?
- How do I use XML to open my project in an earlier version of FCP?
- Which XML version should I use?
- Media Manager: Media Not Trimming.
- How do I play ProRes on my Mac/PC?
- How do I convert my Quicktime Movies into Mp4
- How do I import Flex or ALE Files with Cinema Tools?
- How do I import P2 Footage?
- Lots of Still Picts make FCP Sloooow
- 16:9 Motion Files import as 4:3.
- How do I import PowerPoint Projects?
- Photoshop Layers not importing.
- How do I handle AVI files?
- How do I change the duration of stills?
- How do I capture four (or more) tracks of audio at once?
- I hear popping & clicking sounds
- Imported songs from a CD
- Why do I hear beeping?
- Some sections of my audio are missing or sputtering
- I'm having sync problems
- No audio from movie file (MPEG) after I import
- How can I get rid of background noise?
- Boosting audio levels
- Where can I find music to use in my projects?
- Understanding Voice Processing
- Pans in Final Cut Pro
- Exporting OMF
- How do I get good slow motion?
- Where Can I get Plug-ins for FCP?
- How to fake a camera flash
- Can I do black and white, while one thing stays in color?
- How do I create gunshot muzzle flashes?
- How do I make my video look like film?
- How do I make a telephone voice?
- How do I make a clip play in reverse?
- Changing clip speed without changing duration
- How do I light a greenscreen?
- How do I blur a face or an object like in “Cops?”
- How do I create a widescreen matte?
- How do make my video look like a cartoon?
- How do I get symbols, accents & international characters?
- My effects/titles look terrible once they are on the timeline in Final Cut
- Boris Filters not showing in FCP 5.1 and up
- Is there a codec that handles Alpha Channels without the need to render?
- My footage is underexposed
- My footage is overexposed
- How do I Color Correct my clips?
- How do I create Typewriter Text?
- What brand of DVDs should I use?
- Why do my DVDs play on a computer but not on a DVD player?
- How do I put chapter markers in my DVD?
- How do I get my DVD into FCP?
- How do I trash my preferences?
- FCP won't launch
- Serial number issues
- I'*m getting dropped frame warnings.
- How do I reinstall/uninstall FCP?
- FCP can't see my camera/deck after upgrade
- I'm not getting any picture on my external monitor
- Why does my system seem slow or unresponsive?
- FCP 5.1.2 crashes on start up
- What maintenance should I do?
- How do I fix an Out of Memory alert?
- Can't eject disk.
- Why is my canvas/viewer bright green?
- How do I post a screen capture of my problem?
- How do I downgrade QuickTime?
- Quicktime Version Downloads
- Why is my Canvas White?
- Why is my Canvas Red?
- No Image in Canvas
- File Error: The specified file is open and in use by this or another application
- FCP 7.0.1 broke my Desktop Preview! How do I fix that
Glossary of Video Terms