Varying the speed of a clip

Posted by knuckles 
Varying the speed of a clip
October 20, 2005 10:51PM
I was wondering how one can vary the speed of a clip so that it plays at normal speed, then slows down and speeds up again.

Cheers.
Re: Varying the speed of a clip
October 21, 2005 12:16AM
Have a look for Time Remap in your manual or online help if you are higher than version 3 of FCP.
October 21, 2005 01:22AM
Got it. Thanks.
October 21, 2005 02:21AM
I personally don't like Time Remap since it's a) very unintuitive in its visual interface and b) forces you to maintain the original length of the clip when performing said speed changes. It's rare when I do speed ramps that I want to speed it up exactly as much as I want to slow it down right after. Usually, I just razor the clip and then use the Modify - Speed (APPLE-J) command to speed-change the part that's been razored out.
October 21, 2005 08:03AM
Twixtor Pro does this WAYYYYYYY better. Of course it's WAAAAAY more expensive with a bit of a learning curve....but it's the software they use for those cool speed up slow down car comercials etc....(I've got a demo I've been playing with and it is very cool....just waiting for the client who wants a lot of "very cool" to finance the purchase! Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics