Upgrading

Posted by Hooz 
Upgrading
October 24, 2005 09:14PM
Hi,

Is there an independent web resource outlining the requirements and specifications to upgrade hardware and software to successfully run FCP Studio for DV and HD editing?

I have reviewed the apple site but would be reassured with a second opinion.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Re: Upgrading
October 24, 2005 09:19PM
At some point you need to trust what you read. Bottom line is get the most powerful system you can now afford that meets or exceeds Apple's specs, and then use it until you can get a more powerful system.

October 24, 2005 09:32PM
Thanks Mike
October 24, 2005 11:34PM
the sytem reqs are WAY different for DV and HD. if you search this topic in the forum there has been a good bit of discussion about it already...

dv and hdv, nearly the same. BUT, true HD - RADICALLY DIFFERENT.

it all really depends on what you are trying to achive... tell us more and im sure we can be specific...
October 25, 2005 02:24AM
I would like to be able to edit dv footage shot on sony trv900 as well as true HD footage shot on Sony HDW F900/3 HDCAM.
Anonymous User
October 25, 2005 02:58AM
HDCam? Uncompressed? Then you need an Xraid and a boat load of storage. Course I'd down convert to a more manageble codec such as DVCPro HD if using HD Cam.

October 25, 2005 03:23AM
Michael's right. For DV, you can get away with mor internal drives and external firewire drives, but going full on HD from the HDCAM requires a capture card like the Kona 2, High speed Raid drives, either Fibrechannel like the X_Raid or Ultra SCSI 2 like the HUGE Media Vault. Then you need the expensive HD Monitor. We are talking $10,000 - $20,000 just for the drives, capture card and monitor.
Anonymous User
October 25, 2005 03:30AM
Whatever happened to "offline?"

:-)

October 25, 2005 03:50AM
DVCPRO HD is my offline resolution, if you can believe that. 10-bit uncompressed HD output to D5 will be the online resolution.
October 25, 2005 04:06AM
Plent to think about and indeed investigate, thanks for the contributions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics