Final cut 5 HD capturing

Posted by Role 
Final cut 5 HD capturing
November 01, 2005 04:04PM
How do I capture HDR-FX1 footage on Final cut pro 5. What are my capture settings and sequence settings. I shot the footage in 1080i mode and I am finnishing on Beta SP as a master.

Also I have a music video that is shot in two different formats. One format is HDR-FX1 shot at 1080i and the other is the SDX 900 which we shot DVPRO 50 at 24p. The resolution is video 720:480 but the DVCPRO 50 compressor produces a mucher higher qulity image. My problem is when editng this footage together, which format should I edit at, meaning should my edit sequence be set for 1080i editing or sould it be DVCPRO editing setting..

thanks Role
Re: Final cut 5 HD capturing
November 02, 2005 10:31AM
I have a
MAC OS X Version 10.4.2
Processor Dual 2.3 PowerPC G5
Memory 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Model Power MAC 11.2
Type PowerPC (1.1)
CPU Speed 2.3 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU)
Memory 2 GB
BUS Speed: 1.15 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 2.2.7 f1

I started out with a G4 and Final Cut Pro 3. From there I upgraded to 4.0, 4 HD, 5 HD. I was able to download my Sony Z1U Shot in1080i60 High Definition Camera even though my G4 was a little slow with that much information ? It worked. Along with my G4, I just purchased my G5. I used the same settings as my G4 and tried to download and could only get 3 to 4 minutes before the download screen froze. I have changed settings, I tried many different things and it continues to freeze up.

My FCP 5 Settings
Sequence Preset: Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60

Capture Preset: HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec

Device Control Preset: Non-Controllable Device

Video Playback: None

Audio Playback: De Fault
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics