OT: Kevin Monahan's FCP FX Seminar Next Weekend!

Posted by Kevin Monahan 
OT: Kevin Monahan's FCP FX Seminar Next Weekend!
November 04, 2005 12:25AM
Hey Gang,
Just a quick reminder that my Master's Seminar is only ONE WEEK AWAY! Bottom line? I need to have all of your sign ups in ASAP.

Take my seminar if you want to take your knowledge of FCP to the next level. There is no other training like this on the planet and I cannot promise that I will ever offer it again in LA. So, this is a rare opportunity for you.

Invest in yourself. Invest in training with one of the best FCP instructors around. Since 2000, I've trained thousands on FCP, even editors and staff at Apple and at Pixar.

Learn stuff that is not in any book, not in any FCP class nor posted on any website. A free copy of my book and a drool bucket will be provided. ;-)

This is your last chance LA crew! $20 off with the lafcpug code.

Hope to see you next weekend!

Cheers,
Kevin Monahan
Author, "Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro"
Last Chance to Sign Up for my FCP Master's Seminar Coming Next Weekend!
kevin:

2 questions:

1. I noticed no east coast????????????.

2. FCP editing question........ I've been using an article of your's off ken Stone as a reference on shooting 16:9 through an anamorphic lens.

It seems I'm an inch away. I understand what I'm trying to do, but unable to get the result.

I'm shooting a VX2000 with a Century anamorphic lens attached, camera in normal 4:3 mode. I've created the capture and sequence presets with the anamorphic box checked and have captured and edited in 16:9 project and timeline.

I cannot seem to make the conversion that enables me to view on an NTSC monitor.

I get the letter box on my monitor but the image is still stretched horizontally.

I've tested numerous times using both your methods unsucessfully. Even went to your Motions text in the hopes of finding something but no anamorphic in index. I tried fudging sequences, I've tried different aspect ratios, I've tried just NTSC seq preset.

I'm stumped and lost and feel I've created a mind set that has this conversion way to complicated.

I'd appreciate a tip in the right direction. I've done my homework but maybe it's not enough. Is there more information out there on using the anamorphic lens and converting to view on a NTSC monitor.

Thank you.................Sailho

Re: OT: Kevin Monahan's FCP FX Seminar Next Weekend!
November 07, 2005 03:22PM
Neil,
I'm sorry that there's not east coast stops on this tour. I hope to make it out there next year though.

What kind of NTSC monitor do you have? Does it play 16:9 on the fly?

Kevin
Re: OT: Kevin Monahan's FCP FX Seminar Next Weekend!
November 07, 2005 06:11PM
BTW, I just got back from giving my seminar in Sacramento. It was freakin' awesome! By the end of the second day, you can really tell that everyone has learned so much and have raised their skill levels to a point where they are all thinking conceptually about how to create their own fx, rather than relying on tired ol' recipes.

I'm coming to LA this weekend gang! Please sign up today. I am accepting advanced beginners on up.

Yes, even you old pros will learn a bunch! Please sign up today so I can get a final headcount.

Best,
Kevin Monahan
Author, "Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro"
Last Chance to Sign Up for My FCP FX Seminar, coming to LA this Weekend!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics