Converting HDV to SD

Posted by Paul 
Converting HDV to SD
November 07, 2005 10:27PM
I have a bunch of footage in HDV but i also have some in SD(mini dv). I want to down convert the HDV footage so that it is compatable with my SD footage. Since the HDV footage is 60i it is jerky when played in a SD sequence.

I have FCP 5, powerbook 1.5, 2 gigs ram

Re: Converting HDV to SD
November 07, 2005 11:37PM
i have yet to shoot ANYHTHING in HDV that wasnt prone to wild jittering of anything shot that was in motion... even shakey in an HDV sequence.. am going to a jvc /fcp demo in the morning where i fully plan to grill the guys on how one can actually apply HDV to wide, real-world scenarios...
November 08, 2005 01:03AM
well it looks great when viewing it on a monitor in native HDV. But look like crap when it is in a SD sequence.
November 08, 2005 01:40AM
what camera did you shoot with? and did you shoot any panning motion?

i have found HDV looks fantastic on things like talking heads, but as soon as you try to track say a passing truck on a background of trees, it all goes jittery...
November 08, 2005 11:47AM
the sony z1
November 08, 2005 01:20PM
Down convert on capture from your z1. It has the ability to do the conversion to standard dv on the fly and it will provide you with matching codecs for your timeline. As far as I know, FCP doesn't allow to mix formats in the timeline.

good luck!

Kevin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics