How to shrink a 100 minute movie in COMPRESSOR 2 and end up with a 4.0 GB MPEG 2

Posted by filmman 
How to shrink a 100 minute movie in COMPRESSOR 2 and end up with a 4.0 GB MPEG 2
November 14, 2005 01:36PM
I have a 100 minute movie that I tried shrinking down to MPEG 2 in the COMPRESSOR so I can put it on one 4.7 GB DVD. I started with a self-contained QT movie and then used the compressor, but I can't get the movie down to less than 4.3 GB. Even at 4.3 GB it did not go onto a 4.7 GB DVD disc, why is that? It seem to grow to 4.8 GB by the time I saved it to DVD Studio Pro. Please help me find a way to shrink my movie so I can mount it on a single DVD. Thanks in advance for your advice. I'm using a G5 dual 2.7 Gig 3 MB RAM memory, FCP 5 and OS 10.4
Re: How to shrink a 100 minute movie in COMPRESSOR 2 and end up with a 4.0 GB MPEG 2
November 14, 2005 02:15PM
What settings in compressor did you use?
Re: How to shrink a 100 minute movie in COMPRESSOR 2 and end up with a 4.0 GB MPEG 2
November 14, 2005 05:03PM
Did you use 120 minute setting with 2-pass encoding?
November 14, 2005 05:27PM
I used 150 minute with one pass. And after 5 hours of waiting for the iDVD to output the movie, it came out! It has a few spots in the beginning when the picture freezes but it all came out. I was going to make another copy and see if it was a bad disc or something, but the program crashed. So now I'm doing it again to see what will happen with the next try. I just ended up waiting the 5 hours out of frustration and it almost worked.
I guess you could use DVD2oneX on your mpeg2:

[www.versiontracker.com]
November 14, 2005 11:53PM
This is amazing: I made a QT movie not self-contained, or rather as a REFERENCE MOVIE and then I used compressor and made it MPEG 2. I ended up with a 1.5 MB movie that DVD Studio could immediately use. I'm making DVDs now finally! There was no need to do a self-contained movie, which was producing a 4.8 MB file that was too big for the 4.7 MB DVD disks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics