JVC GY-HD100 question

Posted by Dan Kutler 
JVC GY-HD100 question
November 25, 2005 02:16PM
I know this may not be quite appropriate for this forum, but Im hoping one of you can refer me to a suitable site. I am trying to shoot with the new JVC camera and whenever I try to playback my footage it doesn't work. It shows Im recording in HDV-HD24P but when I playback in camera it says DV-60. The only thing I can surmise is that Im recording in LP (which cannot be played back in camera)--but, if that's the case, Im not sure how to change the setting. Anyone have any ideas? Or can anyone refer me somewhere that may be able to help me?

Thank you,
Dan
Re: JVC GY-HD100 question
November 25, 2005 03:34PM
FCP won't capture the 24p. You can try the idea that I posted on my website at www.nattress.com to use AIC, but you'll loose the last 40% of your audio and it will be radically out of sync - but the picture works.

Best bet for 24p capture is LumiereHD or HDVxDV.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
November 25, 2005 03:43PM
graeme not sure what you are referring to, im just trying to be able to see the footage i shot in the camera when i play it back in the viewfinder and i cant seem to..not at the upload stage yet...just want to make sure im recording image to tape properly first and at this point, i am not sure i am...anyone? pleaze help!
November 25, 2005 05:17PM
Sorry Dan. Didn't realize you couldn't even see it in the camera. I'd not be confident the camera settings are correct if I can't see it in the camera. I only borrowed the camera for a weekend, so I don't know off hand where to check in the settings though. There is a reset to factory defaults that might be worth trying though.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
November 25, 2005 10:40PM
You might want to check with manufacturer. . .we were going to purchase a few of these cameras and heard they had been recalled.
November 30, 2005 12:08PM
There's a setting in the VTR preferences for what tape modes the VTR will read. HDV, DV, or Auto. I'm betting it's set to DV right now.

And the cameras haven't been recalled.
November 30, 2005 10:18PM
Try kenfreed@jvc.com or kfreed@jvc.com. It might also be spelled Fried. Ken is a good guy and very knowledgable.Dan Kutler wrote:

> I know this may not be quite appropriate for this forum, but Im
> hoping one of you can refer me to a suitable site. I am trying
> to shoot with the new JVC camera and whenever I try to playback
> my footage it doesn't work. It shows Im recording in HDV-HD24P
> but when I playback in camera it says DV-60. The only thing I
> can surmise is that Im recording in LP (which cannot be played
> back in camera)--but, if that's the case, Im not sure how to
> change the setting. Anyone have any ideas? Or can anyone refer
> me somewhere that may be able to help me?
>
> Thank you,
> Dan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics