clear 'in / out'

Posted by frankpledge 
clear 'in / out'
November 29, 2005 09:33AM
hey there

here's a little one that i can't figure out...

i have a bin full of clips. i've used some of the clips for cuts, so there are an 'in/out' marks.

i'd like to grab all the clips in this bin and toss them on a timeline, but i need to clear the in/outs first.

is there a way to do this globaly in the bin? the standard shortcuts aren't working and the function in the modify pull down is greyed when the clips in the bin are selected.

anyone know a quick workaround?
thanks!!!!
fp
Re: clear 'in / out'
November 29, 2005 09:48AM
No shortcut for that. Have to load each clip in the Viewer and clear the IN and OUT points by typing Option X. Each clip....can't clear the in/out points in the browser.
November 29, 2005 10:05AM
thx
booo
fp
Re: clear 'in / out' - AHA!
November 29, 2005 10:21AM
it CAN be done!!

in the bin select all the clips. in the in / out columns you can ctr click and get a 'clear' function. it then will clear the whole column! you have to do it once for each column

i win
fp
November 29, 2005 10:37AM
Mike, give this guy a "tip 'o the day" award.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
November 29, 2005 10:41AM
One thing that's never ceased to amuse me is that you keep discovering certain methodologies. I'm sure most of us have used the CONTROL-click method for changing multiple Browser items, but applying it to the In/Out points is pretty neat.

And sometimes, you stumble upon solutions by improvisation.
November 29, 2005 11:41AM
I REALLY like it when someone doesn't take "it can't be done" for an answer and figures out a way to do it. Seriously...When the experts go "no way" I want to hear "HA! we did it anyway...see?"

Good going.
November 30, 2005 08:35AM
it just seemed like it HAD to do it... it's strange as i would never want/need an obscure feature like this for the most part it's just i have SOOO much b-roll to sift through that i find it faster to do flying through a timeline. it was just that i had used most of the clips already for a diff piece so many had in/out marks. one (me) should have done this in the beginning BEFORE editing - like a normal person - when the clips were still 'raw'.

to be honest, i really can't see where this feature would be super important in general so why would anyone really know about it. but now WE do...muhahahaha

thx again
fp
December 01, 2005 10:11AM
by the way Shane I recommend the reading of your blog to anyone going the DVC HD Pro route
December 01, 2005 11:29AM
And where is Shane's blog?

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
December 01, 2005 01:48PM
" in the beginning "

[homepage.mac.com]
December 01, 2005 02:03PM
It is also www.lfhd.net. That re-directs yo to that site. And is easier to remember.
Going OT
December 02, 2005 02:40AM
Shane,

about your color correction tests on the blog. When you work with Color Finesse I guess it's only in Desktop ? not in Final monitoring ?
Re: Going OT
December 02, 2005 05:13AM
Color Finesse is a plug in that can be used with After Effects or FCP. It is not done on the desktop level.

That is my favorite CC tool BY FAR. But I only have the demo. Soon I will get the full version, when the job I am doing calls for it.
December 02, 2005 05:49AM
"It is not done on the desktop level" / you mean it's ONLY done on the desktop level, in it's own interface ( I think it's a matter of how many bits can be adresssed to a monitoring out)
December 02, 2005 06:02AM
Oh, NOW I get you.

Yes, it is color corrected in it's own interface...it launches an application withing FCP or AE.
December 02, 2005 08:22AM
Silicon Color's Final Touch is also worth looking it. You can do some nice things in that, and there's my plugins on the way for it too!

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics