HELP!!! Bad VIDEO

Posted by mike caffrey 
HELP!!! Bad VIDEO
December 01, 2005 12:30AM
Hi I just shot over an hour of video and have down loaded and the video is very dark can anyone help me brighten it up I will have to use the audio of the tape and fill in with stills but I do need to salvage some video
thanks
mike
Re: HELP!!! Bad VIDEO
December 01, 2005 01:23AM
hmmmm... where is the problem? was it shot badly? can it be recaptured?
you can always fix it with the levels, or color corrector filter.
December 01, 2005 02:23AM
is the footage on the tape bad? Hook it up to a TV to varify.

If so, then learn the 3-way CC...

[www.kenstone.net]
December 01, 2005 09:22AM
Make sure you're not watching the footage on the computer monitor -- in my experience, everything looks darker on the Canvas and Viewer. Use a broadcast external monitor or at least a TV, as Shane suggests. If you try to colour-correct using that as a basis, your final image will end up too bright.

Color Correct 3-Way is great for colour temperature; I personally like Color Corrector better for brightness problems because you can use quick numeric entries and target Highs, Mids and Blacks quickly. That said, usually overly dark or overly bright footage would have bearings on saturation and colour temperature, so I end up using a combination of the two. Try to avoid Brightness and Contrast, though -- that filter tends to wash things out more.
December 01, 2005 09:26AM
thanks to all who repliedThe footage was shoot badly and it wasaetirement party.
Iyt seems the DJ had a plasma screen and it confused the camera settings
December 01, 2005 10:25AM
or you may try this, a fxscript plug-in...

[homepage.mac.com]

... That should be the simplest and neutral way for push up the dark image. However, I'm not sure, is it work with yuv space, since I wrote that for correcting the wedding photos that all in rgb mode.

Good Luck,
Antonio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics