WAY OT: mouse out of gas...

Posted by wayne granzin 
WAY OT: mouse out of gas...
December 05, 2005 09:44AM
anyone ever run into this little issue? every hour or so, my mouse will stop moving or dissapear. a simple replug of the usb cable makes everything ok again.

logitech ,mouse man wheel (original blue version)
Re: WAY OT: mouse out of gas...
December 05, 2005 11:23AM
My new (almost two weeks) Mighty Mouse isn't running properly all the time either. The sideways scroll often just conks out, *not* fixable by an unplug/replug. It's probably because despite Apple's claim that it works on all OSX systems, they failed to mention that the new application for accessing all of the Mighty Mouse's controls is only for Tiger. Grrr.

In your case, Wayne, could it be a USB power issue?
good point d. i AM running my mouse via a daisy chain from my g5 to my dell 24 to my keyboard... may be an issue of a ditzy user...
December 05, 2005 12:04PM
You know I have a similar case as you (even worst).

My G5 get crash so often when run with the Adobe Illustrator. Finally, I found that the problem come from the old set of the USB mosue & keyboard (that original come with my G4).

After I replace them to the new keyboard/mouse set that come with the G5 box, everything back to normal=)

I don't know why but that is the fact.

Good Luck,
Antonio

WOW, this is all good info! i just set up a friends brand new g5 with a wireless logitec mouse and the system seems a bit shakey...
December 05, 2005 01:07PM
My own monitor doesn't have a USB jack, but when I used the Apple widescreen monitors on two jobs, whenever the mouse and keyboard were connected, my USB flash stick would only mount once, at most, if I plugged it into the monitor jack. I had to use the USB ports on the CPU itself. Definite power issue on that one.
December 05, 2005 03:09PM
"WOW, this is all good info! i just set up a friends brand new g5 with a wireless logitec mouse and the system
seems a bit shakey..."

Yep, I helped a friend who insisted on a wireless set up and on his system the keyboard functions you take for granted were very funky. Apple "s" wouldn't save, apple "q" wouildn't quit. He has to use "control" s or whatever.

I tried to get him to change, but he likes the wireless feature and sticks with it even though it causes problems.

Kevin

"A problem can never be solved by the same consciousness that created it"
Einstein
was the wireless keyboard a mac keyboard?
December 05, 2005 09:31PM
I LOVE my wireless optical from Logitech, they're all I use. Yes, strobey weirdness occurs for no clear reason.

Often a simple unlplug/replug of the broadcast unit clears it up.

Sometimes I need to bring the mouse close to the broadcaster to say "hello" and it erks up again.

Sometimes the batteries are borderline.

Sometimes a process interferes with the USB port-- like another USB device.

Could be anything like this... sunspots... or black helicopters hovering ...

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Apply default Video Transition: Command-T.
Apply Default AUDIO Transition: Command-Option-T !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
December 05, 2005 09:41PM
Last week my Mighty Mouse stopped scrolling down. With no recovery in sight, Apple Support put the mouse through a couple of tests over the phone, then called for a medic. They replaced it (they wanted the limping rodent returned for post op). Since receiving the Son of Mighty, all is well again.
Glad I took someone's advice here and started using the Wacom pen with FCP.
Kuhnen

InterMountain Digital
December 05, 2005 10:24PM
I use my 5-button programmable cordless batteryless mouse with my Wacom Tablet. No flakey flashing, scroll wheel works perfectly. I can RIGHT-click for contextual Menus (which I love). Smooth as silk for editing.

...and it comes FREE with the tablet!

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

that mighty mouse is yet another example of how apple has absolutely NO IDEA of the connection between human and device. - remember these are the same buffons who thought the circular mouse was a good idea and only recently got beyond the idea of ONE BUTTON...
December 05, 2005 11:54PM
The right button on the Mighty Mouse SUCKS. And since I can't use the application that came with it, I'm stuck with the right button. I do enjoy the ability to scroll up and down as well as sideways, but why they hell didn't they just give us proper buttons?

Circular mice...they still give me nightmares.

"Ben, the two of us need look no more..."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics