Web encoding

Posted by Jim 
Jim
Web encoding
December 05, 2005 09:06PM
On2 Technologies just recently came out with its On2 Flix Pro Encoder which encodes into flv and swf files, and works with Final Cut Pro. I've been working for several years with FCP, but I'm new at creating videos for the web. I want to put up some video on some websites, and am learning Dreamweaver. Has anyone had experience with this Flix Pro Encoder. Would I be able to use FCP to create files of a minute or two duration and embed them on my web pages. As I get into it, it seems that this Encoder has only limited Actionscript capability with FCP, and can create only a basic stop/start player. Is this a good way to go, since Flash players are installed on so many computers, that you could then to a great extent get around the problem of different players by creating flv or swf files? Hope I make sense. I'm new to this and having difficulty figuring it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim
Re: Web encoding
December 05, 2005 11:48PM
Hi Jim.

The On2 system encodes to the new Flash Video (.flv) standard, and creates stand-alone pages with Flash-Encoded video content. It provides a "custom" player with some ability to choose player options. It can be used with Macromedia Flash to provide enhanced encoding options.

If you want to create custom-designed players you need to get Flash from Macromedia. As a Dreamweaver owner, you may be able to purchase Flash 8 at a substantial discount. Flash comes with an encoder which works quite well.

HD Flash 8 samples can be viewed at: [www.hd-tv.us]

-Travis

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics