Transition used in Led Zep DVD

Posted by Ken 
Ken
Transition used in Led Zep DVD
August 30, 2003 12:22PM
On the Led Zeppelin DVD (Disc 1) a transition was used during track three (and at other locations too) where going into and out of an animated still sequence shows the video clip moving into a few white frames and vice versa on the way out. I am sure FCP can do it but how can that be accomplished in FCP3/4? What settings or filters are used to create that quick-looking whiteout?

I have an animates still sequence that, for the life of me, I cannot seem to think of an appropriate transition into and out of the sequence. Any ideas? I do not want to use any of the push, slides, wipes etc. Something a little more creative preferably.

Thank you.

Ken
Hi, Ken.

Well, I haven't seen the video - but maybe it's one of these two things.

On the pull down tab under the viewer (a film strip with an "A" on it) - go to "matte" - then "color" - click on the square and select white. This will provide you with a white slug. Just dissolve in and out.

OR

There is a "flash cross" plug in that's really cool. I think I got it free from Eureka!

Hope this helps.

-Elizabeth
A 1-3 frame dip to color dissolve will achieve this. Just use white as your color.

mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics