FCP 4.5 and tiger

Posted by Mike Stathopoulos 
FCP 4.5 and tiger
December 26, 2005 02:54AM
This may have been discussed previously, but I'm wondering if FCP4.5 will work on a machine with tiger installed?
Re: FCP 4.5 and tiger
December 27, 2005 10:52PM
I believe it will work...I will ask Sean
December 27, 2005 11:56PM
That will depend on what machine. It will not work on the new dual core G5's. It will work on other machines with OSX.3.2 or higher.
December 28, 2005 03:13AM
The installer can be hacked so it will load on the dual core machines, and it works fine. There have been issues with people using 4.5 and Tiger, if the OS is not correctly installed with a clean wipe of the drive. There may be other problems as well in specific instances. If you're in mid-project I wouldn't update the system like this.

All the best,

Tom
December 28, 2005 10:37AM
It is a single-core G5 iMac that is about a year old. My dad bought tiger, but FCP 4.5 is already installed. What do you think Tom?
December 28, 2005 10:43AM
If you're working on a project I'd finish the project (unless it's going to go on for another couple of years), then clone the drive, erase it, and then install the new OS and reinstall the apps. I then boot onto the clone and copy things likes users and preferences and other items I want to maintain.

Post Edited (12-28-05 08:45)

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics