Audio Problems

Posted by jamcow 
Audio Problems
January 12, 2006 03:33PM
I am working on a video in FCP 4. When I play the video in the timeline using the built-in audio, everything sounds fine, but when I switch to firewire dv to export it to a camcorder, it gets distorted. after a few seconds of being distorted, the sound starts going off and on repeatedly. I have tried printing to tape and a couple different camcorders and nothing seems to help. any suggestions?
Greg Kozikowski
Re: Audio Problems
January 12, 2006 05:39PM

<<<it gets distorted.>>>

Does it get noticably louder when it does that?

<<<any suggestions?>>>

How is it getting from the camcorder to your ears?

Koz
January 12, 2006 06:03PM
<<Does it get noticably louder when it does that?>>

Yes. It gets louder. One particular part is a girls voice. Her voice gets very high pitched for a couple seconds and also speeds up. then the sound goes back to normal speed and then finally starts cutting in and out.

<<How is it getting from the camcorder to your ears?>>

I have tried 3 different things with the same result.

1. I have a Dac-100 Audio/video converter hooked up to the computer via firewire going out to a vcr which goes out to a tv.

2. I tried both of the camcorders connected to the computer by firewire and the camcorder has a speaker. The Camcorder was also going out to the VCR/TV.

One other thing...it's not on all projects...I am having problems with 2 projects, but a few others are working fine.
Greg Kozikowski
January 12, 2006 07:48PM

OK. Sorry I'm falling asleep.

They are all MP3 files, right? You need to convert them to AIFF *before* you import them to the Timeline. FCP doesn't like MP3 and they become unstable at odd times--not all the time.

Koz
January 12, 2006 08:42PM
I captured the audio/video from a camcorder in FCP and then dropped it in the time line, so whatever format FCP captures in is what I am using.
January 12, 2006 11:44PM
Do the audio settings of the clips match your timeline audio settings?
Greg Kozikowski
January 13, 2006 12:35AM
Do an info on one of your problem clips and find out if they were recorded with 32K sound instead of 48K.

A lot of CamCorders will do either one. Some Canons do that so they can record 4 channels of sound.

Koz

January 13, 2006 04:04PM
The clips are both in 48K sounds. The video had a little pixelization on it so i replaced the clip, but i kept the audio, which stopped messing up. So I guess for now the problem is taken care of. Any clue as to what happened?
Greg Kozikowski
January 14, 2006 01:37PM
<<<Any clue as to what happened?>>>

You had a damaged video clip. It's pretty common and really a problem when you have a bad clip in the middle of an hour-long show with many effects. The clip doesn't have to show bad either, but it messes up everything around it.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics