"codec not found", JPEGs and .psd

Posted by Kit Laughlin 
Dear all,

dual 2G G5; OS 10.3.8, 2G RAM, FCP 4.5

trying to load pixel-shape-adjusted moderate size JPEGs (all resized to PAL DV ratio) and I get the following message:

"codec not found. You many be tring to use a compression type withouth the corresponding hardware card."

then

"Out of memory"

is the next message.

What gives? I get the same error message from .psd files. I have used the same file types hundreds of times in the past without problems.

I searched on 10.3.8, jpeg and psd on the forum without any results?is this an anomoly?

I am using TechTools Pro 4.0.3 to do all the checks while writing this; I trashed prefs and the plist file first, too, of course. I have not sacrificed a hamster yet (they are out of season here right now).

All suggestions gratefully received

Kit

Shane's Stock Answer #14:

If you get a CODEC NOT FOUND missing hardware check ALL your images in Photoshop and make sure there are in a RGB color space NOT CYMK, LAB, OR GREYSCALE
Shane,

Your blood, as we say here, is worth bottling. One?just one?of the images was in the CMYK colour space, and all the rest were RGB. changed that one image in PS; reopened the project, and all played perfectly.

A saying from my time in Japan: "Even monkeys fall from trees..."

Thank you 1,000 times

Kit

1,000 "you're welcome's."

Blood worth blotting. Ewwww.

You Aussie's and your dialect.
That's "bottling" not blotting".

We value your blood in this instance!

cheers

KL
Shane - don't get him started - he'll start rattling on about drop bears and attacks on tourists by them.

Kit - besides CYMK the other one that sneaks by on me sometimes is a color indexed image. FCP chokes inelegantly. Be gald it let you know it was unhappy. If you just bring a CYMK into the project but not into the timeline you don't always get the warning and it can then give you the "spinning rainbow of doom" when you try to get back into the project the next day.

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics