DVD To DV

Posted by Frank Fischer 
Frank Fischer
DVD To DV
March 09, 2005 02:43PM
I am thinking of backing up a lot of my old VHS's and DV tapes over to DVD. I will be feeding the VHS into a DVD recorder. The DV footage I may feed through toast or FCP or just run it into a DVD recorder as well (haven't decided yet).
My main question is what if I want to pull some footage from one of my disc? What is a good app to use? I'm sure people are doing this.
Re: DVD To DV
March 09, 2005 02:46PM
DVDxDV is what you want. Most elegant solution out there. YOu can get it in the lafcpug store

[www.lafcpug.org]
Joao M.
March 09, 2005 02:47PM
I agree with mike
March 09, 2005 05:33PM
By the way....nice little DVDxDV mini review in the "10 Hot Tips for DVD Studio Pro" section in April's DV Magazine.
March 09, 2005 07:12PM
Or if you want to preserve the original quality you can break your captures into >4.2 gig chunks and save them as data on DVD, which will mean a simple drag and drop to get them off disk.

Probably you'd like one of each to watch on a DVD player as well, though.
Charles
March 10, 2005 03:16PM
Or, you could use something free called "Mpeg Streamclip."
[www.alfanet.it]
grafixjoe
March 10, 2005 04:04PM
...agree with Mike smiling smiley
March 11, 2005 01:41PM
Don't back up to MPEG 2, do what Jude suggests--back up to hard QT files. I think that a lot of people don't realize that DVD compresses your footage. Not a good idea if you ever want to use it in a new production or restore an old project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics