24pA, can't remove pulldown, help.

Posted by Chris Lundy 

FCP HD OS X 10.35 on Dual 1.25ghz G4 w/ 1+gig RAM, 120 gig media drive.

I've captured some DV 24pA footage from a DVX100A. I used the built in preset
that includes remove advanced pulldown. First couple clips captured fine, but then
ran into an error that said it couldn't verify the pulldown cadence. To get around
that issue I just captured as standard DV 29.97 and then afterwards used FCP built
Remove Advanced Pulldown in the Tools menu. Now that worked on just about all my clips. BUT, I have one clip that gives me an error. It says "unable to find clip(s)
with Advanced Pulldown." What's going on and how can I fix it? When I check the properties of this clip it reads 29.97 as the video rate, but yet it keeps saying there is no Advanced Pulldown. Is there some error in the cadence that could have resulted from a problem in shooting. Can I somehow use Cinema Tools to accomplish this even though FCP can't find any Advanced Pulldown?

Any help or thoughts?
Hello! Did you get any answers to your question? Were you capturing using the DVX100A?

I posted the following message on -- Monday, March 21 2005, at 12:10 p.m. on Kenstone.net.

There have been no responses.

I have a panasonic DVX100A and a G5 with dual 2.5 hard drives. I recently got the JVC professional miniDV/VHS combo deck. When capturing footage shot in 24P advanced using the advanced pull down mode in the capture settings (in FCP HD 4.5) - I often get a message that there was an error in the pulldown cadence and capture is aborted. If I try again, eventually I am able to capture the clip but it sometimes takes 9 tries! Sometimes I move the in & out points to see if that helps. Some clips capture on the first time with no problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is it the JVC deck? My suspician is this deck can't handle this function. It's JVC SR-VS30U Mini-DV/S-VHS VCR with MiniDVCAM Playback for $830.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics