Displays/Monitors

Posted by TEC 
TEC
Displays/Monitors
May 27, 2005 12:57PM
I'm in the market for new computer monitors. I primaraly use FCP and Photoshop on my editing computer. I've been checking out the new 20" apple monitors. It seems like 2 20s would give me more work space than one of the new 30". As professional editors what displays do you guys like to work with??? I'm looking to stay around $1500.
tc
Re: Displays/Monitors
May 27, 2005 01:35PM
Hi-

I've been waiting for an opportunity to crow about this:

I recently bought two Dell 20" wide screen displays for a quite a bit less than your budget-

They. Rock. A. Lot!

My G5 now has a whole buncha beachfront screen real estate.

Of course, I started looking at the Dell's on the recommendation of one of our esteemed colleagues' a few months ago. My thanks!

tc
May 27, 2005 03:08PM
I haven't used the 30" beast yet, but I look at my TV and try to imagine working on it... yowza.

Anyway I use all the Adobe apps a lot and it would be nice to keep most if not ALL of the palettes open and still have a nice amount of real estate left over for the main project window. Same with FCP, it's best to be able to expand your browser so you can see all your clips and their info at a glance and make your timeline huge. (Does anyone use a 2nd monitor for the Tool Bench?) I imagine you could manage it on a 30" but I think two 20's make more sense for those two apps... my 2cents.
TEC
May 27, 2005 04:32PM
What models did you go with and where did you buy them?? On Dell.com they run $750 each. Will I need to get an adaptor for one of them???
tc
May 27, 2005 06:44PM
Wow. They've gotten cheaper.

[www.compudirectpc.com]

Yes, I have adapters on both. They also have S-video ins, and USB hubs.

Mike H.-
Is it OK to post these sorts of URL's? I don't have anything to do with these folks other than onepurchase that went smoothly...

Good luck.

tc
TEC
May 27, 2005 07:30PM
Thank you so much....
I just purchased 2 of the Dell monitors that you recomended and saved a large amount compared to the Apple Displays.
Thanks again for all your input.
TEC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics