export issues

Posted by Nick 
export issues
May 27, 2005 09:56AM
Every time I try to export to a m2v file Final Cut shuts off. I think I really messed up cause I updated my os to tiger 10.4 from 10.2.8 but I'm running FCP 3.0.4 I was having problems before thats why I did it but now I'm really having problems. Please help me get these projects off of my computer. thank you

G4 dual 1 ghz power pc
2 mb L3 cache per processor
512 mb sd ram
Final Cut Pro 3.0.4 I have FCP 5 but have not installed yet
OSX 10.4
DVD Studio Pro 1.5 I have DVD SP 3 but haven't installed yet
Re: export issues
May 27, 2005 11:14AM
first of all, your ram is about half of the normal minimum for working happily in FCP.

i think the upgrade to tiger was misguided, giving that you are running such out dated apps. i think i may have heard that QT 7 that is part of tiger is NOT compatible with FCP 3.x
May 29, 2005 02:31PM
Wayne I actually have a gig of ram that I put in once but my computer freaked out. Everyone told me it wasn't the ram that made my computer freak but I've always had projects on my mac so I never put it back in but I will try that.

My big question is Will I mess everything up (ie. the projects I can't export)if I upgrade apps. now?
May 29, 2005 03:18PM
there are a LOT of questions here... maybe your ram IS bad, what brand is it?

there is a LOT of logic to NOT upgrading ANYTHING mid project. but in your case i dont see that you have much choice.

here is my take on your problems.
major problem. i have heard that older versions of fcp (3x) is not compatible with qt7/tiger. SUGGESTION, install 5

second problem. insufficient ram. suggestion - you simply must get more! other suggestion. many macs require upgrading ram in matched pairs. is yours one of them and if so, did you?

third problem. your FCP AND DVDSP are way outdated. install new versions of both apps.

to be honest, if i were you, id zero my boot drive and reinstall with the new apps. then try it all again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics