edit to tape problem

Posted by Noah Pillsbury 
edit to tape problem
June 02, 2005 01:34PM
Help I am at work and I am atttempting to edit to tape. I keep getting the error message that reads " you are attempting to output a clip with compresion setting that don't match current output settings" I checked my sequence settings and the clips that weere captured. Any ideas.
thanks,
Noah
Never mind I got it.
Noah
Re: edit to tape problem
June 02, 2005 01:58PM
Noah

Let us know what you "Got" so others who might be in same predicament, will learn

Michael Horton
-------------------
kevin
June 02, 2005 02:37PM
yes, please do tell us. I got that message the other night and couldn't figure it out!

Kevin
Just a little back story so I don't look so dumb. Well I just started this new job. I have been cutting on FCP since FCP3. I learned on Avid and I have been an Assistant, Lead assistant, and Editor. So I know the Avid pretty well. I know FCP pretty well too but I haven't done many edit to tape, actually none. There is nothing like on the job training. So Two problems I had was one I was thinking in Avid terms and Two I didn't drag the sequence in the edit to tape window. I thought I could just set my in and outs press the assemble edit button and she would take off. And another problem that I encountered as well was, I had to fiddle with the RS-422 port in the device control menu. Because sometimes it just looses connection. So the error message I was getting probably had to do with not having a sequence in the edit to tape window....smiling smileyHope this helps anyone who needs it when producers are standing over your back and you must get something out on time.
humbley,
Noah
June 03, 2005 01:21AM
This will help others Noah but just remember, we are NEVER dumb, just stressed.

:-)

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics