Need More Audio Zot

Posted by Greg Kozikowski 
Greg Kozikowski
Need More Audio Zot
June 06, 2005 07:35PM

Is there any way to get more audio gain than the 12dB boost available in the audio tool? I'm guessin' not without exporting the sound to another program, but there's always that hidden FCP tool.

We did a transfer from some low (-16) sound and then sent it through the Pro Level machine room which killed another 8 dB.

Koz
Re: Need More Audio Zot
June 06, 2005 07:49PM
You can double it up on the timeline. Just option shift drag the clip up or down one layer, or copy paste it. Turn snapping on to make it simple to find sync.
June 06, 2005 09:37PM
You could also raise the levels on every single frequency in a multi-band EQ. This is in case your sound's so low you gotta quadruple or quintuple it, which can wreak havoc with your timeline.
June 06, 2005 10:20PM
Try nesting the audio. You can keep doing this and raising the level until its where you want it.
kevin
June 06, 2005 10:39PM
I had to do this a while ago and it worked great. Open the audio mixer and raise the master audio level then reduce on the other tracks if need be. I raised it by 2 then reduced the others the same amount.

Good luck!

Kevin
Greg Kozikowski
June 07, 2005 06:12AM

Thanks all. Good ideas.

I claim blame for this one. I wasn't paying attention when I sent the track into the system.

Bad Koz. Bad, bad, bad.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics