Fade in/out issue with Livetype Titles

Posted by Alexander 
Hi,

I've been trying to fade out from footage and fade in to titles created with Livetype, but for whatever reason FCP is making those transitions only 1 second in length. When I click on the transition and try changing the duration within the box, the time will just revert to one second. What's more, I cannot change the position from left, middle and right position. I have no problems placing dissolves and fade in and outs between my video footage, but I'm guessing there must be some sort of conflict due to the livetype titles. Any advice?

Powerbook 867mhz
FCP HD 4.5
Livetype 1.2
Sequence- NTSC offline RT (23.98).
Livetype titles- 320x240, 23.98fps, smpte time format
Are you sure it's not 1 frame..and not one second.

You need pad on the livetype (just like in any video) for a transition.

If you are dissolving into a livetype document...make sure that LT Timeline has a little pad (a second or more....2 seconds is better of the Type sitting there before it springs into action)...then dump on FCP Timeline...and trim a second or more off the front end of the LT Document in the FCP Timeline...now you have your PAD or HANDLE to do the dissolve ...and you'll be able to do everything you say it's not letting you do (the video preceeding it must also have some PAD to give you something to dissolve from.

Andy
Added 2 seconds of pad in viewer, problem now fixed! :-D Thanks!

Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics