Apple creating prejudiced computers?

Posted by Adam 
I sent this to my vendor, then I wondered what all you Mac experts might think, or might have heard in the past . . just a little about why I sent this below to him . . my FCP program was freezing up , giving me different messages . . I got a few "Dropped Frame" messages, and then one message that said that their was no video to be captured . . . but there was video : ) SO . . . I took out the fire wire from the JVC, switched to the Cannnon GL1 that the office has . . I don't want to do this because all the footage was taped using the JVC using 48K audio, and the GL1 can only deliver 16K audio . . plus the JVC delivers a much better picture than the Cannon, and it makes me wonder if switching to the Cannnon to capture will take away from the picture quality that the JVC allows. I don't mean to offend Cannon users . . I like Cannon too . . but this JVC delivers a better looking picture than the older GL1, annd I think that's the only reason why . . because the JVC is newer than the GL1. I've seen the GL2 and it's awesome, I plan to get one of those next . . or some type of Cannon . . they're easier to use.

===

**** name edited out ****

I don't want to pass the problem off to something that might not be the real issue, just to solve a problem. But if possible, can you remember JVC GY-DV300U and ask your contacts if they have ever had problems with it? Because now, the problems I mentioned are NOT happening. And I am not using the JVC camera . . I started to capture from the Cannon camera.

I've always read about the dirty heads that this camera easily aquires (the JVC 300U), and I am wondering if that is what is causing the freeze ups with FCP because of the program not being able to read the dirty heads.

I'm betting that's what the deal is, but like I said in the top I don't want to pass that off as the problem if that's not what it is. But I'm capturing just fine now using the cities Cannon GL-1.

I would hate to think that APPLE created a FCP program that was prejudiced against certain types of cameras, not liking to capture video from them because of different codes in the cameras or something. I do recall all APPLE ads using a Cannon Camera only in their pictures.
Re: Apple creating prejudiced computers?
June 07, 2005 06:28PM
There is a compatibility list over on apple support. Dont know if the JVC camera is on it or not but JVC and FCP seem to have a large share of problems, at least if one goes by posts on this forum

You might think of trashing your prefs and creating a pre set using Firewire BASIC as your protocol

Michael Horton
-------------------
Good idea Mike, I'll try that out.

Thanks,
Adam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics