Avid crash course recommendations?

Posted by Chris Cummings 
Hi All,

No this devoted Mac Addict and longtime FCP user isn't about to jump ship, it's just that I have a job coming up that is going to have to be on an Avid system and I need to get up to speed quickly.

There's such an amazing wealth of knowledge here, I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations - maybe other people who've had to learn both, or those coming the other way? I'm a visual learner, but it seems like it would be difficult not to take a course where you can actually work on the system. I might be able to borrow the system to get up to speed if there's something like those Powerstart DVDs from DV creators?

Thanks in advance for any input!
~C
Greg Kozikowski
Re: Avid crash course recommendations?
June 08, 2005 01:20AM

Nate Hubbard can drive both. Search "hubbard" to get his address.

Koz
Thanks Koz, will do first chance I get :-)
I just sold my Symphony in favor of FCP. There are a few differences but overall the same concept. You should definately get some time on it before you begin a project. I'm glad to help if you have any questions.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Will do. I've heard that there are a number of similarities between the two and I'm weighing out whether I should try and take a weekend intensive course, or if I could find some kind of DVD training that I could teach myself with on their Avid system - any thoughts/recommendations on either?

Thanks,
~Chris
Download AVID FreeDV from avid.com, pretty much AVID lite with little difference to the real thing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics