Render isn't rendering? Anyone have some advice ?

Posted by Lorry 
Hi . . . for some reason my sequences have stopped rendering during editing? Have checked everything and can't figure why? Am set to RT unlimited in sequence and Render RT segment in General Preferences. Render Control is at Frame Rate 100% of sequence editing timebase (is that right?).

I'm on a G5 with 16GB available (know that's a little tight, but didn't think enough to foster issues?) FCP HD 4.5 and Panther 10.3.9.

I could swear that I started having this problem after I installed HD?

Right now am editing a project entirely of stills, so it's making me nuts to have to render after every still image or transition that i add or change!! Thanks for any help that anyone can offer . . ..

Lorry
(ps, could't find anything in FAQs on the issue)
16 gb on a 100 gb drive is not a lot of room. My guess without knowing your computer, drives, etc. would be that you are running out of room. But I'd start by throwing away preferences and repairing permissions. Then try again.

Good luck!

kevin
Had already thrown away prefs and repaired permissions (forgot to mention) but n/g. So, trashed everything I could possibly stand to get rid of, and got back up to about 35 gigs, and now it's working!! Thanks!! I thought that I could eek it out on what I had available, but you were right. (Have a new external sitting in the box on the floor next to me. Maybe it's time to MAKE some time, and move some stuff!!)
Lorry
Size is one factor; organization is another. If you make FCP look in fewer places for the same number of items, performance will improve. Come up with a strict file-management method and use it on every project -- you'll reap the rewards aplenty. Also, impose strict apartheid-style segregation to your file types -- don't mix batch-listed clips, project files, graphics, Photoshop files and music AIFFs all in the same folder.
Re: Render isn't rendering? Anyone have some advice ?
June 15, 2005 09:50AM
what gets rendered can be controled in the render menus under the Sequnce Menu.

these may have been changed, by accident (hard to imagine how, though?)
trashing your prefs would have re-set them.

there's a good article about the render settings at ken stone's site:

[www.kenstone.net]

cheers,
nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics