OT: Quake damage offer

Posted by Ian Graham 
OT: Quake damage offer
June 16, 2005 04:10PM
Another quake in the land of fruits and nuts.

Just for the record -
If anyone gets a damaged facility because of natural disaster - please contact this list or myself and I'll see what I can do to help.

We can at least work as a community to keep the wolves of your back while you piece together your systems.

This is a standing offer not restricted to today's little shudders.

I can't speak for others here - but I suspect I won't be the only one to make this offer.

Ian
Re: OT: Quake damage offer
June 16, 2005 04:20PM
After the Northridge Quake in 94 (which I live next door too) my house took a pretty good beating and having no Earthquake Insurance was looking at about 30K in repairs. Thank God for FEMA. They came through n a big way. Also thank God it was an election year.

Felt this last one which was centered in San Bernadino (90 miles east of me) Most of us in LA like to guess the RS number right after the trembler. Some good pots of money can be had. I picked 4.1 It was 5.3. I didnt win

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 16, 2005 05:37PM
My first-ever earthquake, guys...I'm now all traumatized. Who can I sue for punitive damages?
June 16, 2005 05:44PM
Ian Graham

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 16, 2005 07:26PM
LOL

Sure - come up to suit happy Washington.
The republican weenie finally admitted he'd lost the Governors election after a suit verdict a few weeks ago. Now our citizens in Spokane are suing the Mayor - it turn out he's been trolling internet chat rooms looking for gay young men - allegedly on city machines and city time.

Since he's an arch conservative gay basher from way back, this has caused a big kerfuffle. The republicans are suing him.

When an attorney looks at my assets (or just my ass) - they are going to fall over laughing at you - then sue YOU for the pain caused by the fall.

Ian
June 16, 2005 07:33PM
Ha! We (smug) NW types have always figured that most of the looney-tunes were in So Cal -- recent events have dispelled that myth!

--vic

Ian Graham wrote:

> LOL
>
> Sure - come up to suit happy Washington.
> The republican weenie finally admitted he'd lost the Governors
> election after a suit verdict a few weeks ago. Now our
> citizens in Spokane are suing the Mayor - it turn out he's been
> trolling internet chat rooms looking for gay young men -
> allegedly on city machines and city time.
>
June 16, 2005 08:02PM
LOL - Sounds like you guys take the quakes in stride. I am glad there was nobody was injured.

I am already stocking up on batteries, canned food, etc. for Hurricane Season here in Orlando, FL. (season runs from June 1st through to November). The "experts" say it will be much worse than last year. All I know is after surviving 4 major Hurricanes last year, I'm done. There's not enough work in this God forsaken market anyway sad smiley

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

I lived in Taiwan for several years and after dozens of 6.5 and above...the greatest magnitude 7.6 on 9/21/99 and countless typhoons... I have learned to relax...and insure. I still don't like to see pictures of disasters on TV.
June 16, 2005 09:44PM
Oh, I am fully insured...unfortunately in Florida, there is a 2% deductible on Hurricane Windstorm damage claims. If I need a roof or anything else damaged by a wind storm, I have to pay the first $3,000 out of pocket. Some insurance, huh?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 16, 2005 10:28PM
Give me a Quake over a Hurricane anytime

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 16, 2005 11:01PM
Hey I live in Washington DC - and we can't get the necessary Hot Wind insurance from Nearby Capitol Hill - ...Andy
June 16, 2005 11:18PM
I like them both they both can cause Big waves But I'll side with the Hurricanes they have a better ratio.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
June 16, 2005 11:20PM
Andy Field wrote:

> Hey I live in Washington DC - and we can't get the necessary
> Hot Wind insurance from Nearby Capitol Hill - ...Andy

I am liking this thread.

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 17, 2005 12:30AM
I wonder if this will lead up to the "BIG ONE" or more additional moderate quakes. Just in the last few days there's been a lot of activity around the Pacific Ring of Fire... 7.2 off the coast of Northern California, 6.8 in Alaska, 5.5 in Southern California, 7.8 in Chile, and now again there's a 5.3 in Southern California today. And what's with downgrading these things all the time and calling it a 4.9 now? And then there's Mt. St. Helens being active, an active volcano in South America, the 9+ earthquake in Indonesia 6 months ago, and some 7+ quake there just a couple weeks ago. If you look at the USGS site they have a map of the Ring of Fire, and man does it show a lot of activity recently! Time to start strapping stuff to the walls... ready to rock and roll...

-Mike
June 17, 2005 05:21AM
Quakes are one of the main reasons I moved out here to FL.
Epicenter of the 88 quake was a mile from my house, but strangely, I suffered no real damage.
I will take a hurricane anytime over the quakes, at least I have warning and can hit the road if I have to.
82 years since the last one hit us here in Wellyworld area, hope it's 82 more before the next one.
Stay safe out there in shakeland.
Matt Murray
Lineside Productions
Wellington, FL
[www.edgesportfishing.com]
Florida Sailfish videos, pictures and more
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics