Low line supers

Posted by Mark G. 
Low line supers
June 17, 2005 02:27PM
Using Mac G-5, OS-10.3.7 and FCP HD. Editing SD DV video.

The low line supers are not sharp using either the built-in text features or Photoshop tif files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Low line supers
June 17, 2005 02:38PM
How are you judging this? Via the computer monitors or an external NTSC monitor or TV.

NEVER judge the quality of the image as seen on your computer monitor. It is not a true representation of your image.
June 17, 2005 03:30PM
Shane,

Thanks for your response. When viewed on my NTSC monitor they look as good as possible for our American TV standards.

It was the LCD HD monitor that I was viewing them on.

Whenever I playback from the timeline and view it on the NTSC monitor all of the images are soft. When I stop the timeline the images sharpen up. I've checked my settings but must have overlooked something.

Any suggestions on this last problem?

Thanks again.
June 17, 2005 03:37PM
The fuzziness on the timeline is normal:

Playback is blurry

Shane's Stock Answer #2:

1. Disable overlays on the canvas
2. Make sure you've rendered everything (no green bars at the top of the timeline
3. Upgrade to 10.3.8 (many people had this crop up when they upgraded to 10.3.5)

[docs.info.apple.com]

DV footage requires large amounts of data and many computations. In order to maintain frame rate and be viewable at a normal size, only about one-fourth of the DV data is used in displaying the movie to the screen. However, the DV footage is still at full quality, and is best viewed thru a TV or NTSC monitor routed thru your camera or deck.

For this, and other exciting stock answers visit www.proapptips.com
June 17, 2005 04:02PM
Again thanks for your answers. I have been reluctent to upgrade to OS 10.3.8 as I am in the middle of a major project with a deadline.

Are there any known issues with this upgrade or should I just ride it out with 10.3.5 to completion?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics