multi-clip vs color correction

Posted by Dave Morgan 

does anyone know what the best or only procedure is regarding applying color correction to clips inside of a multiclip sequence?
Should u do your corrections before u combine clips into a multi? Having trouble with this procedure.

thx

OS 10.3.9
FC -5
Re: multi-clip vs color correction
June 18, 2005 07:20PM
There is no right way to do this, and it depends entirely on your material. If there is a single shot that needs to be brought into line, then you can CC it before you make the multiclip, but in most cases you're going to tweak it afterwards anyway. In the little experience I've had with it, following the standard procedure of editing the material and then CCing it works fine. You have the ability to copy settings to adjacent clips as well as to copy attributes to multiple clips.

All the best,

Tom
June 18, 2005 07:27PM
what tom says...

plus
there is a Multiclip setting somewhere that allows you to turn of the filtering if it becomes too much of an RT burden.

nick

June 18, 2005 07:35PM
Just to add there is also the function to cut with filter. The idea is good, but I haven't found it really practical in a workflow in my brief experience. Either you apply the filter before you multiclip or you apply after you cut. That seems to make the most sense to me.

All the best,

Tom
I guess what's confusing is this. Double click the clip in the timeline and the viewer shows both images (my A and B roll that I made my edit decisions from). Then of course, trying to select one angle or another in the viewer does a replacement type edit in the timeline.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics