Mpeg 2 export

Posted by jake 
Mpeg 2 export
June 19, 2005 02:27PM
For some reason when I export my movie to quicktime conversion, There is no mpeg-2 in the list of options. Where is it? Why can't I see it? Thanks!
Jake
Re: Mpeg 2 export
June 19, 2005 08:13PM
Possibly the MPEG2 component got uninstalled during a re-install/upgrade? I used to have a link to the place to download a fresh copy from Apple but I can't seem to find it today. Check out the Apple site - you can get the component free with your FCP password.
June 21, 2005 10:41AM
I noticed the choice was missing as well. I did find the page for the component, but apple took it down as it was for QT6.

I did notice if you're going to DVDSP4 that you can set the encoding parameters from inside that program, although I'm not sure if it is as fast. I liked to encode from the quicktime conversion window because it was so much faster than compressor for those quick "approval" DVD's.

Best

Chet Simmons
June 21, 2005 05:00PM
yeah, that's gone for me too in FCP5 Studio.

compressor, DVDSP, and the QTExport all used the same basic MPEG2 engine, though, i believe, so i dont think one would be faster at enconding than another.
just easier to get to.
the encoding speed would depend on your settings, and you could create a "domwn and dirty" or "approval" setting in compressor if one doesnt exist.

does anyone know if Export to Compressor works in FCP5?
i think i;d preffer to export a ref movie and have compressor chugging away in hte background, so i could keep working in FCP, though.

nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics