24p/Cinema Tools Steps

Posted by dan 
dan
24p/Cinema Tools Steps
June 27, 2005 06:26PM
I read the basic article on how to capture and edit 24p footage but I'm a bit unsure of the follwing steps:

3. Use Cinema Tools to remove the pulldown fields from each clip.

What specifically do you do in Cinema Tools to remove the pulldowns?

4. Create a 23.98fps project, import the processed clips into it, and edit.

Can someone please elaborate on this?

5. Export the completed project as a Final Cut Pro movie.

I am putting together a montage of which some clips are 60i and some are 24p...shouldn't be a problem, no?

Anyone willing to take the time to educate a 3-year old (in videography years)? Will buy you a case of beer.

Thank you so much,
Dan
Re: 24p/Cinema Tools Steps
June 28, 2005 05:05PM
Dan,

If you are going to combine 24p & 60i, why do you want to remove the pulldown via Cinema Tools & convert your 24p stuff to 23.98 anyway? This will result in a "true" 24 fps footage you can edit in a 23.98 timeline sure- but now you cannot bring your 60i material into it.

My suggestion is that if there is no reason to remove the pulldown (it's inserted specifically so you can view and edit as if it were 29.97) you should simply edit in a standard 29.97 (60i native) timeline with your 24p telecined footage as is. Follow me?

Now you COULD go ahead and use Cinema Tools to remove the pulldown from the 24p stuff and then convert the 60i (via Magic Bullet, or Nattress's G's filters) into 24p footage but that's an entirely different topic & I'm not sure you want to go there.

Unless I'm not following you correctly- just start editing ; )

Now about that beer.....mmmmmmm : )

Jon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics