speed up clip but keep original audio levels tone

Posted by kevin 
i have an audio clip that i'd like to speed up, but i don't want the auido pitch to turn into it's typical high pitch squeeky tone. is it possible to speed up an audio clip, as if i were just fast forwarding through it, and keep the auido pitch/tone as it originally was? if so how?

I'm not a pro user but from an average user's perspective, you could get a program called Audio Hijack Pro (which records any sound from any program all internally-eg. no wired hook-ups / all done inside computer via software) Then find a program (like quicktime or iTunes possibly) that will produce the fast-forward sound you're looking for, take the clip into that program, turn on Audio Hijack Pro, start recording, and then do all your fast forwarding. This process would require you buying the program (only $32 and downloadable demo) so I would wait for some of the really smart guys to formulate an answer, but I figured this could give you something to think about and possibly try while you wait.
Soundhack (soundhack.com) is a free audio utility that will let you change the speed of sound without changing the pitch, or change the pitch without changing the speed (plus dozens of other magic tricks). The price is right but you'll have to judge for yourself whether it has the quality you need.

Scott
I'm fairly sure Soundtrack Pro does this.

Kevin Monahan
Re: speed up clip but keep original audio levels tone
July 02, 2005 06:32PM
well FCP has a pitch filter.
i think it;s been there since 4.5.
it's definitly there in 5.

slow your track down, add the pitch filter, and bring the pitch back up.

cheers,
nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics