Timeline freezes

Posted by Phil G. 
Timeline freezes
July 04, 2005 09:42AM
I am putting together a program that runs 28:32 using FCPHD, Mac G-4 with maximum memory. Shot original footage using Sony FX-1 then bumped it down to SD widescreen for editing.

The problem: All elements play perfectly until the timeline gets to 20:48 at which time it stutters, then continues with video but no audio. When commencing from this point after i manually stop it plays perfectly.

I have repeatedly modified the elements in the timeline including separating the video and audio tracks from the preceeding ones. Everything is rendered. I have 4 levels of video at this point with 3 levels of track, one of which is on-camera narration and the other two are stereo music tracks.

Any suggestions as to a remedy?

Thank you.
Re: Timeline freezes
July 04, 2005 10:04AM
Could try disconnecting the problem clip from its media, then relinking. This "flushes" the clip. Now render it and see if you get the same results. This can help determine where the problem's originating from.

On any project lasting beyond 15 minutes, I would also tend to separate out portions of the edit into different Sequences. Bigger Sequences can have more problems.
Greg Kozikowski
July 04, 2005 08:01PM

Just in case Mok doesn't hit it, you do have lots of room on all your drives, right? No drive--including the System Drive should be over 90% full.

But I agree, that sounds an awful lot like a bad clip.

Koz
July 04, 2005 11:21PM
Thanks guys. I'll try out your suggestions on Tuesday morning. I do have plenty of hard drive space remaining.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics