Our thoughts are with our friends in the UK today

Posted by Michael Horton 
Our thoughts are with our friends in the UK today
July 07, 2005 12:10PM
What a world.

What can we say except we are thinking of you all and especially of those who lost their lives for no reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No one can ever understand why people do such things. We can only hope that one day we never will have to understand it.

Michael Horton
-------------------
uncivilised, barbaric, wastes of souls! God help us all - be strong UK!
Re: Our thoughts are with our friends in the UK today
July 07, 2005 01:02PM
My prayers are with the peoples of the free world that soon, these inhumanity neanderthals will be erased from the face of this planet.

Stay strong - we support you with every breath of our lives.
Words to describe this act and others acts are always difficult to find...Only one question is in my mind? Why?
Portugal and the UK are friends for more than 600 years and in this hour whe share the pain and sadness but also the strenght and determination to put an end to this.

People of London, be strong.

Rui
July 07, 2005 01:34PM
Best wishes to our British brothers. These cockroaches responsible will pay - sooner or later - they will pay.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 07, 2005 02:19PM
I'm from the UK and have friends who live and work in the London area. This morning, the first email I read was from a friend saying he was ok. At that time, I didn't know what had happened, but knew it had to be bad. From what I've been told, the bombs did not cause the panic they expected and the people on London acted with strength, courage and calm, and my thoughts go out to them.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
July 07, 2005 02:26PM
Confronting the results of the evil of chaos is never easy. As a city - I can't think of a better one than London to show us all how to respond to attacks like this with dignity and class.

Our thoughts are with the families of those involved.

Ian
I was on my scooter when it all kicked off this morning. Driving past the tubes and seeing them closed is not unusual, but when I got to work it was apparent what was going on.

Like other cities which have experienced this type of cowardly attack, London will bounce back and we shall wake up tomorrow and go about our business with our heads held high.

Thank you for the support and solidarity.

Mark
July 07, 2005 03:13PM
Graeme, glad to know your people are okay. I was in New York on September 11, 2001, location scouting for my thesis film (which had been scheduled for Sept. 22 -- talk about bad luck) at Canal & Broadway, and witnessed the fear and anguish first-hand. Let's come together to support the people of London.

Let's not forget, too, that we should only blame those responsible -- the extremists. If it becomes a matter of "you kill mine, I kill yours", then we'll never find a way out of this madness. The only people with the right to think like that are those who have directly suffered...the rest of us need to try to hold on to sanity, humanity and reason.
July 07, 2005 03:22PM
derekmok wrote:

> Let's not forget, too, that we should only blame those
> responsible -- the extremists. If it becomes a matter of "you
> kill mine, I kill yours", then we'll never find a way out of
> this madness.

Well said

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 07, 2005 06:16PM
Well said Derek. If only everyone could be as calm and well mannered, the world would be a better place.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
My thoughts with our British friends. I'd like to hear that Martin Baker/Digital Heaven staff are okay.

- lsm
My thoughts and prayers are certainly with those families who lost someone in the UK from the cowardice of Terrorists. The way I can personally relate to the loss is also stemming from Sept. 11th,2001 when a very dear and close friend of mine lost his son from the Twin Tower attacks. How can we ever measure or put rhyme or reason to such senseless acts and loss of life. No matter what the scale of the attack might be, NY Twin Towers along with other areas in the States that very day, or the UK attack just recently, it is all equal when it comes to tragedy that never should be. As my beloved New Yorkers stood strong and tall, so shall the people of the UK. I will always pray for peace throughout the world, and that all the innocent in this lifetime and beyond always be protected. Peace.

Joe
We must all be strong ..... we must remember how all our country's were built, They were built around the Idea of wealth and greed.....We must try to move past that Idea and try to start living and treating each other as Human beings.......I'm hope we can with time. With the right action. What Path we decide to take will tells us everything.....The path we pick will decide for us......My our path be the true one, "Bless The Human Tribe".........
We will need it ....................Hope....
It's just too bad injustices on both sides could not be worked out through filmmaking.

Drop DVD burners, Macs, DV Cams and FCP.....NOT BOMBS.

Both Bush and Bin Laden need to "Think Different".......much too much killing these days, and that's got to stop.
July 10, 2005 09:48AM
Two excellent Op-Ed articles in the New York Times on this whole issue:

[www.nytimes.com]

[www.nytimes.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics