DVCPRO 50 and DV25 combined solutions needed

Posted by 14hdcp 
DVCPRO 50 and DV25 combined solutions needed
July 08, 2005 05:57PM
I'm working on a G5 dual 2.0 using firewire to go to a G-Raid 800. I've captured one deck using the DV50 codec and have my project set for that. I now have 10 tapes at DV25 that I have to integrate. I'm hoping to avoid render hell. I tried to capture the DV25 (with firewire) at the DVC50 resolution, but the system won't let me. It obviously knows that there is a different compression and color spacing scheme so it says stops every time giving me some generic warning. I'm assuming (I know the old army joke) that it's the firewire data as opposed to going in composite video and double compressing. I need some cool guru ideas so I don't have to render 120 minutes of dv over and over again.

Oh yea...FCP 5 and Tiger
Thanks

Post Edited (07-08-05 16:05)

Barrett Taylor
Re: DVCPRO 50 and DV25 combined solutions needed
July 09, 2005 08:37AM
Capture your DV25 as DV25 as normal. Put the clips all on a DV25 timeline, drag them from the timeline to the batch exporter and set the prefs for the batch to be DV50. I think you can put the clips on a DV50 timeline and batch them from there as well, and it might just default to the right DV50 settings for you.

Now import the batched clips into your DV50 project and get editing.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
July 09, 2005 11:04AM
thank you, I'll try this on Monday and post the results. And thanks for the link to your site. Looks very cool.
July 09, 2005 11:08AM
Yea, that's a solution, I know. I've been trying to keep in firewire to capture the pure data without going to any analog thru at all. If Graemes's solution doesn't work I'll have to go the conventional route. My current deck only has firewire and money is tight. Thanks..
With FCP 5 set to unlimited RT you can mix DV50 and DV25 without rendering! I have the same machine as you and it works great. It's like a "secret" feature of FCP 5.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics