Where in the world is my project saving?

Posted by broomsfly 
Where in the world is my project saving?
July 09, 2005 02:47PM
I just opened a new project and saved it in an external drive ezquest (cobra?). From time to time I do save it as a precaution for FCP4 crashes while editing. At the end of the day, I panicked when I quit the project and reopened it. The latest changes were not in the project!!!

Thank God for the auto save command, which is located in the main drive. From that I was able to pull out the last auto saved version of the project and from there saw the latest changes made before quitting the project.

Just the same, I was expecting that the "save all" command would save my project in the cobra drive.

I tried to check if there were any project settings in FCP which gives the option on which default drive I want the project to be saved, but couldn't find any, or I might just have missed it?

Any ideas why my project did not save where it should?
Re: Where in the world is my project saving?
July 09, 2005 03:06PM
Search for that project name to find out where it is!
July 09, 2005 08:45PM
Open FCP and hit the 'Save As' command. This will show you the pathway of where that last file was saved to, and this is the place to change where it should be saved to.
In addition, save all instead of a straight save. It's CMD+OPT+S instead of just CMD+S.

Andy
July 10, 2005 03:21AM
that "Save all" never works for me.
or there are times when i know it hasnt worked.
so i never used it after that.

if you've only one project open, a simple save wil do.

nick

That's odd, I've had the exact opposite issue. I've used the straight save function and come back to find my project hadn't been completely saved. I switched to save all after that (once bitten, twice shy for both of us I suppose).

Andy
This brings back memories of my first FCP project. I don't know how it happened, but my project file was in the audio render folder!
July 10, 2005 07:57PM
Most new users remember to rename the file but forget to put it in the right location, or vice versa. We've all been there!
July 11, 2005 10:44AM
Thanks, people.

I was able to work around the problem: I saved anew to the 2nd internal drive, NOT the external drive. It worked just fine.

After my project is done I will have to do some tests on why it was not "saving all" to the external drive and will share if I find the answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics