Sony HVR-M10E HDV Deck

Posted by ClayC 
Sony HVR-M10E HDV Deck
July 11, 2005 12:19PM
Basic question on this deck: can one monitor an HDV sequence off the component outputs ? Like when using a DSR-11 connected to an external video monitor to view a DV sequence ?

Clay
Re: Sony HVR-M10E HDV Deck
July 11, 2005 12:32PM
No. HDV doesn't work like that. It's one of it's greatest failings IMHO. You really need an HD card to be able to monitor HDV as you're editing.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
July 12, 2005 09:00AM
Hi Graeme,

Was afraid that was going to be the answer. And all the while I just assumed it would work like a DSR-11.

So how does it record from an HDV sequence? The brochure I have says that it plays and records HDV, DVCam and DV via the HDV/DV firewire port. Question is, if it can record an HDV sequence and monitor out at the same time, then it should be able to display a sequence? Don't get it yet.

Clay
July 12, 2005 10:16AM
I don't get it either, but I think FCP must drop into another mode for playback or whatever. I don't have HDV, and really, don't want HDV as I find it way too limiting, especially with such issues as this. DV wasn't just a revolution because of quality, but it was easy, the files were small, simple connections, monitor while editing, etc. etc. HDV doesn't have anywhere near as much going for it as DV does in the usability stakes.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
July 12, 2005 11:43AM
I don't have HDV yet either, but am getting requests lately for both editing and shooting in HDV, so the needs/must equation is starting to kick in, at least in my neck of the woods.

So how does one monitor the edit externally in HDV? Is there a solution for that basic issue yet?

Thanx,
Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics