Media manager Clip Speed error

Posted by Swifty 
Media manager Clip Speed error
July 12, 2005 01:10AM
When consolidating a DV FCP project file and creating new sequence any speed changes in the duplicated project clips are corrupt eg: wrong speed, going backwards,0 frame duration???
Please help...
Swifty
Common issue with the media mangler. Best advice is to export your speed adjusted clips as qt movies, import and place and then run mm. Or paste a copy of the speed adjusted clip at the end of your sequence and remove speed attributes..ie.. set it back to 100% and after reconnecting your clips, reapply the speed change and replace.
Re: Media manager Clip Speed error
July 12, 2005 07:33AM
Chad's right.

i like the copy paste thing... with a slight difference

what i've been doing is match framing the clips into the viewer, where they dont have any effects,
then cutting that back into the timeline on a new track just above the original.
then you know where they belong: they are in place.
this can get tricky if you've speeded clips up: the original might be way long.
if so, use multiple new tracks.

somehow if you have this clip in the timeline, the speed effected clip comes out right after Media Management.
and if it doesnt, then you can easily re-build from this "safety" copy.

cheers,
nick

Re: Media manager Clip Speed error
July 12, 2005 11:10AM
The Fit to Fill command in the Canvas (which I never use but am aware of) is probably just perfect for these cases. Given that the gaps remain consistent, you shouldn't even need to figure out the original speed percentage.
The $64,000 question:

Is this fixed in FCP 5/5.02 ???

We've been holding out to upgrade to 5, but if it fixes these reconnect/MM issues, then we'll jump in headfirst!

Aloha,
mel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics