NBC Broadcast- Do I shoot with HDV?

Posted by Austin 
I just read Brad Wright's article on converting and using HDV footage. I will be shooting a three camera one hour "look-live" sports event next week.

Last year we shot these with Beta SP cameras and post switched. This year we do not have the Beta's available so we are thinking about shooting with three Sony HDV-Z1s. We plan to post switch them again for the final edit, add graphics, mix audio, etc.

Our FCP system is as follows: FCP 5, Dual 2.0 G5, 5gig RAM, 550 gb SCI Drives (10,000 rpm), AJA IO box, Sony HDV Z1, and Beta SP deck.

My original thought was to shoot and capture on HDV, create a rough cut timeline in the HDV format, than copy and paste it over to an 8 bit uncompressed timeline and add graphics and render it out (final show tape is Beta SP so I don't think 10bit would help).

Final thought, the local network (NBC) wants the one hour sports show in 4x3 aspect ratio.

Does anyone have any BRIGHT ITEAS ? I'd love some advise.

Thanks,
Austin
Re: NBC Broadcast- Do I shoot with HDV?
July 14, 2005 09:35AM
Shoot HDV, but capture with the 4:3 centre crop downconvert option, edit as DV, and then at the end, bump to uncompressed and output.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics