nested sequences in FCP 4.5

Posted by Michael 
nested sequences in FCP 4.5
July 14, 2005 02:38AM
I am running FCP 4.5, and I have a large sequence with several smaller nested sequences inside. When I go to make a change to one of the original sequences, the nested counterpart won't update. How can I change this?
Re: nested sequences in FCP 4.5
July 14, 2005 03:28AM
Double click on the nest to make changes to the stuff inside the nest. It can be confusing, but you can actually have multiple copies of the same nest with different effects going on, so always make sure you are working in the correct version.
I've tried double clicking the nest on some sequences, which will update in the larger sequence. However, the sequences which have been untouched for some time don't seem to update at all when I use this method. Could there be some sort of time limit as to when sequences can be updated?
July 14, 2005 06:25PM
The act of double clicking the nest doesn't make changes to the larger sequence. When you are going to make changes to your nested sequence thats is when you double click on it, then make the change, and at that point you will have made the change in the nest and in the sequence holding the nest. Just loading the sequence that is the nest from the browser and making chages won't always update the changes in the other sequence.
July 15, 2005 12:18AM
To avoid this confusion, I do things the long way -- when I need to change a nest, I delete it from the master sequence, make the changes to the nested sequence in the Browser, then recut it into the master sequence. More steps, but a lot less hassle in the long run. Multiple items with the same name but different content is just not great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics