Compression settings for Web-QT-need suggestions right away

Posted by katie 
Hi,

I'm now making Quicktime movies that will be streamed over the web tomorrow. I'll be using Sorrenson 3, med-high quality, 320x240, IMA 4-1 audio, hinted internet streaming checked, no filters...bit rate ???? I'm not sure what setting to use... ___ kbits/second. 90 looks terrible, 6400 is probably way too big for the internet...can anyone give me any suggestions as soon as possible?
I need to FTP something by 2:45pm

Thanks!
Hi Katie,

You can use this as a guide.

[www.kenstone.net]

--ken
Thanks Ken,

I have checked that out before. The only part that is killing me is the limit data ratio to 90. The video just looks terrible, very pixelated. The source is DV, but most of the people that will be watching tomorrow are on slower dsl connections working on PC's. Is it really critical to limit the data ratio to 90?

I read another post that was suggesting limiting to 550.

Thanks
When my friends and I save a video for posting on the web we usually use 320 kbps.

But keep in mind we are amateurs using windows, but 320 seems to work pretty good

I don't know if it would be different from a mac to a pc but i would think that "kbps" wouldn't make a difference mac or pc

Sean
Thanks,

I used 550 kbps for now. It's for a large corporation which should have high speed connections...will make a back-up with a lower kbps.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics