Help: 48kHz Audio Needs Rendering in DV-NTSC Seq. Why?

Posted by Gary Sumlak 
Help: 48kHz Audio Needs Rendering in DV-NTSC Seq. Why?
July 21, 2005 02:12AM
I go to Easy Setup, Select DV-NTSC, Create a sequence.

When I drop an audio file (187.5 K/sec, 48.0 KHz, 16 bit Integer, Stereo), the red render line shows up in the TimeLine. I've checked the properties of the track and the audio ad nauseam, and they are identical.

This does not happen if I create a PAL track after using the DV-PAL preset.

I used iTunes to import the track using AIFF Custom 48.00 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo.

I also recreated the track on other comps, with the same assets, and this problem does not exist.

Can anyone help with what is wrong?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

On a possible related note, I have a 733 that I use exclusively to capture video at DV-NTSC. After a capture, I review the capture and everything look perfect.

However, when I load the project directly from the 733, into a 2 GHz G5, the audio is now displayed as 47.997 kHz, even though it display as 48.000 kHz on the 733. Weird!

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Re: Help: 48kHz Audio Needs Rendering in DV-NTSC Seq. Why?
July 21, 2005 09:55AM
Are your audio files dependent files ie. not self-contained? I've been having similar problems with dependent QuickTime movie audio files converted from Broadcast WAVEs -- the WAVEs play fine without rendering, the QT movies don't, despite having completely identical parameters.
July 21, 2005 04:37PM
Thanks for the reply.

I am creating a slideshow from scanned pictures. I import the scans into FCP4, drop them onto a DV-NTSC timeline, apply the effects (Ken Burns... etc.) and then drop the Music tracks onto the timeline. All the music tracks are imported as AIFF via iTunes per the previous post.

All files are taken directly from the browser and are self contained.

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
[www.thumbprints.ca]

Can you play the audio? Does the red render line relate to the audio-- or the photos you've imported, which often requires a redner? If you look closely at the timeline, the render signal area is relaly two thin areas-- the top indicates video, the bottom audio.

Just a thought.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4.5 keytip:
Set your custom layouts by pressing
Option>Windows>Arrange>Set Custom Layout.
Access your custom layouts 1 & 2 with Shift & Option-U!

The FCP HD KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
July 22, 2005 05:45PM
Hi, Loren.

It is definitely the bottom render line which is verified by the audio beeping when I play back the track.

For the slide show, this problem is not a big issue, as I have to render the final project for the images. It is more an issue when I play back the preview for the costumers. Every time a change is made, I have to re-render the audio to review with the costumer.

It is a major issue though with video, as I have to render that audio for entire clips, which can be several hours in length.

Any help or suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
[www.thumbprints.ca]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics