Dell Display

Posted by Clarence Larson 
Re: Dell Display
July 19, 2005 03:58PM
[accessories.us.dell.com]

Wouldn't you know it?after I bought one the price comes down! I assume that if Apple monitors will work on a PC, this PC monitor will work on a Mac.
July 19, 2005 04:04PM
Many Mac/FCP users are using Dells. They are an incredible value, although Mike over at HD for Indies had a bunch of problems with his.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 19, 2005 07:18PM
We bought a total of five Dell widescreen 20" displays, they are fantastic.
compared side by side are they as good as the apple 23"? im sorry ive yet to see any flat panel display quite as sharp and clear as an apple...

and it seems that the apple 23" is the BEST (if not only) option for monitoring HD - via the HDlink adapter. can you do this with this dell 24"?

if so, im buying 4 of the bad boys!
Obviously the 20s we have are smaller than the 23, but we love the 20s. I have no experience the the 24s.

I learned about the displays and read the threads on Macintouch, it seemed the consensus was that the displays were either as-good or better than Aplpe's.
[www.macintouch.com] (lots to read)
July 20, 2005 10:29AM
I just bought one. Had none of the problems that Mike at HD for Indies had. It is a good looking disply that is s capable as the apple 23" according to all the reviews I have read. It can be used to monitor HD with the HDlink. anyhting with the proper resolution and DVI input can.
Last but not least. The last time I checked oer at dealmac.com you can get the Dell 24" for about $750 the apple is what? 1299.
ultimately it was the price which made the decision for me. I love apple products and think they are generally worth the price because they are simple and highly functional. I just couldn't justify shelling out the dough at this point for a display.

Grant
July 20, 2005 10:50AM
hate to quote bad advertising, but "dude, im gettin' a dell"
July 22, 2005 07:09PM
i still havent located a new 24" to go check out yet. but i just hooked up one of my clients 19" dell 1905fp screens and it looks like complete stool...

there is a slight yet noticeable brighness difference as you move your head up/down (like a big screen projection tv) and it looks almost as if it has a convergence issue - that IS impossible on a flatpanel, right?

it also pivots, which is cool. but im told that function only works on a mac under OS 10.4.

and only displays a max of 1280x1024 on my radeon 128 card. im used to 1600x1200 on an 19" screen.

but hey, at $350 what do i want, right?
EMC
Re: Dell Display _ $779
July 23, 2005 11:35AM
From Barefeats web site:

HOT DEAL ON DELL 24" WIDE ASPECT 1920x1200 LCD Flat Panel Display: Only $779 after Dell's current discount and special discount code "629P2JKBS7CWWD" is applied by July 20th. (Model 2405FPW)

[accessories.us.dell.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics