Audio equalizer

Posted by Phil G. 
Audio equalizer
July 28, 2005 09:51AM
A Mini-DV tape was sent to me for the audio track only, not the image. The track is a man speaking in a room with a hard table and hard walls. A bit of bounce audio.

There are so many audio equalizers in FCP-HD that I can't determine which one to use in order to lessen the audio bounce.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Greg Kozikowski
Re: Audio equalizer
July 28, 2005 11:30AM

Reshoot it in a quiet room?

Audio Echo from a "live" room is extraordinarily difficult to remove or suppress.

What your'e asking the software to do is listen to two identical people (the speaker and the echo) and remove one of them.

That and "rain noise" are the two that make people think seriously about reshooting the track.

Koz
July 28, 2005 11:42AM
Thanks again Koz. I'm going to have to live with it since it was sent to me from Hawaii and our fund raiser video deadline is too near to reshoot it.

I don't like compromises when it comes to this business but deadlines dictate.

MG
Greg Kozikowski
July 28, 2005 03:24PM

<<<it was sent to me from Hawaii>>>

I sense a supervised re-shoot. No, no, really. I'd be more comfortable if I was there to make sure the mic placement was proper.....

You hit one of the two things that can kill a sound shoot. You can try to fiddle with it if you want, but the success rate on these problems isn't good.

Next time you see the location shooter, smack 'em up 'side the head. If you don't, they're going to do it again.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics