full drive

Posted by Jack Nadelle 
full drive
August 17, 2005 06:48AM
I am having a drive problem-not sure if it is full or not- yesterday i got a full drive warning and when I checked the info pallett it said I had something like 11mb left on a 175 gig drive, I went looking for stuff to trash but could not find any particularly large fies to dump-after removing some 10 or 11 gigs I rechecked info and it said 117 gigs free space. I restarted the computer and checked info- again the drive has only 10 gigs free space.
I would like to move my fcp project files off this drive onto a drive with more space but I am concerned about reconnecting the material to the project-am I going to loose my work to date if I move it to another drive?
Thanks in advance-
dual g4 1.25, FCP3,1gig ram
Jack
Re: full drive
August 17, 2005 07:16AM
You won't lose your work if you move it. It will need to be reconnected, but it will still be there.

After you move the stuff to a new drive, open your project. You'll get an alert telling you that some files went offline. Probably a lot of files. Just use this box to reconnect the files to the project. Very simple.
August 17, 2005 08:09AM
Thank you Jude-
August 17, 2005 09:45AM
Moving your project file won't help -- project files rarely go above 200MB, or about one minute of video at DV quality. You need to move or delete some clips. And in case you're not aware, you need to empty the Trash before any space is freed up from deleted media.
August 17, 2005 09:49AM
Yes- I meant clips, not the project file. Thanks for the input I love this forum!
jack
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics