green sludge around titles

Posted by Noel 
green sludge around titles
August 16, 2005 12:07PM
Hi guys, I'm getting some sparkles around a crawl and some green artifacting around some static titles after I have rendered them on v. 5. I would prefer not to...any ideas?

Re: green sludge around titles
August 16, 2005 01:39PM
Make sure you always use the 3d title tool as it's vector based. Try that first. As for the green artifacting, sounds strange. Do the titles play in real time?

paul
August 16, 2005 03:41PM
beneath the title are a couple of layers which have been colour corrected and deinterlaced, also there are imported alpha mattes, and footage in composite mode > travelling alpha matte, all on tracks beneath the title track which doesn't play RT. The 'green' is happening here and there on seemingly random titles throughout project, if I add a .5 gaussian bur to affected titles (?) the green gets a lot worse.
kevin
August 17, 2005 12:44PM
Are you using photoshop for your titles or the 3d title tool from Boris which comes with the system? It sounds like your importing graphics that are too hot, white levels over 100, that would be my guess as to the "green sludge".

Kevin
August 17, 2005 06:06PM
there you go...always use boris if making titles...boris has fixed all the sparkle and green sludge....except for one tiny little dot about a pixel wide! I can live with that. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics