tech words on fcp and compositing?

Posted by J.Corbett 
i know that a still is the same as picture. i know that multible images from different sources being seen at the asme time is a composite image. i know that in the time line i have clips....

but when i am looking at multi images of video or stills in a composite what is each image contained in??

i would guess a frame but i feel as though a frame is at the same time a 1 still out of my 24 or 29.97p

1. am i wrong?
2. is there another name for the containment shelter of the separate element within my composit?

pre-thanx
I think you may be over-conceptualizing. Either you are viewing a single image or a composite of images. Elements of a composite are sometimes called "mortises", however. I'm not sure what you mean by "containment shelter" but mortises can be shaped by mattes/masks, lie within a grid or have borders if that's what you mean.

Kevin Monahan
Author - "Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro"
yes i think that is it.

i am having problems with a series of transitions. i have like 4 to 5 clips on a screen however i am using a different wipe on each but they are all wipes. it seems that one wipe is effecting the other as if it applies to the entire comp. or portition of the video i am watching. its like all the other wipes are working but there seems to be one ruling wipe.

what do ya think
Yes, there is an order of how the render pipeline behaves. You can trick the render pipeline through nesting. All of this is explained in my book. You may want to check it out.

Kevin Monahan
[i know that a still is the same as picture.]

Hey, that's a great trivia question. Kevin, just what IS a freeze frame's format? Does it become some kind of an internal PICT sharing the frame size and color depth of the codec it came from, or what?

Inquiring minds want to know!

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Paste Overwrite- Command-V.
Paste INSERT- Shift- V!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics