FCP Quits

Posted by Bob Taylor 
FCP Quits
August 16, 2005 12:29PM
In trying to solve a problem where Compressor refused to work, I re-installed the HD 4.5 update and now FCP quits at the opening window point where "Profiling for RT Extreme" is being displayed. No one has been able to tell me what happened nor how to fix it. I've searched apple's website and tried some fixes including using Terminal to run the "pre-binding sequences" again (one of apple's support pages) but nothing works. If anyone can solve this problem I would appreciate the input. Is a total re-install the answer and will FCP 2.0 install on 10.3.9?
Running FCP HD 4.5, OS 10.3.9, Dual 800 Quicksilver desktop with 1 gig memory.
Everything else works perfectly.
Anonymous User
Re: FCP Quits
August 16, 2005 03:32PM
You might try reinstalling Quicktime 6.5 and THEN reinstalling FCP 4.5. Its not as bad as it sounds..

August 16, 2005 03:45PM
Had same problem going up to 4.1 - I never installed the current QT and FC quit on startup. Didn't find problem until I reinstalled entire system- could have saved myself hours!

Jim
August 16, 2005 06:24PM
Really appreciate your response. I did re-install QT 6.5 and then re-installed FCP HD 4.5 but FCP still quits. Removed prefs (com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist) and Final Cut Pro POA Cache but nothing works so far.

Anonymous User
August 16, 2005 06:43PM
Well...time for Disk Warrior and if that doesnt work, a reinstall of the OS. At least repair permissions to see if that does the trick.

August 18, 2005 07:29AM
Michael and Jim, many thanks for your input. Finally, resolved the issue with FCP by re-installing OS 10.3. Learned some things in the process of wading through the dozens of software updates to get back to my original state. Best news is I didn't loose a thing.
BT

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics