16x9

Posted by Tony19 
16x9
February 22, 2006 09:26PM
OK, I am confused. Some of my tapes say 16:9 at the head andsome do not. Does this mean in fact that they were shot in two formats and how do I deal with this in the sequences? When I view the footage [all has aready been captured] it looks good but when I bring it the timeline, I see pixilation on some of th eimages but not on others, even if they are from the same tape. Does this make sense?

Help anyone?

Tony
Re: 16x9
February 22, 2006 10:06PM
I notice on my interviews [which I believe are 4:3] are clear when I edit them in my timeline, but when I bring in my B-Roll [which is listed as 16:9 on the tape] I have pixilation-like issues.

My sequence settings for the interview sequences are:
NTSC DV 3:2
NTSC-CCIR 301/DV

No Anamophic has been checked.
This project will be outputted to DVD when complete.

I know this is likely an obvious fix but whatever I've tried so far has not worked and the previous posts attempting to answer this issue are confusing to me.
Help anyone?

Thanks,
Tony
February 22, 2006 10:13PM
I also notice a green bar above the supposed 16:9 footage but not over the other footage. ..Sequence settings must be wrong if I need to render this, yes?

Anyone?
February 23, 2006 02:24PM
If your footage was shot anamorphically, you need a checkmark in the Anamorphic column of the browser for those clips. And your sequence should be set to anamorphic as well. If you need to render, you have a mismatch between your clip settings and your sequence settings. You can change either one at anytime, so experiment until you don't get a render bar.

As far as mixing 4:3 and 16:9 clips, that's a pain in the neck. One solution is to drop the 16:9 clips in a 4:3 sequence which will letterbox them; then add a widescreen filter to the 4:3 clips.
Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics