16:9 24p footage not same as original

Posted by Joseph Andolina 
I've shot footage on my XL2 in 24p (not advanced) in True 16:9 ratio. When I dump it to FCP HD on my MAC G4 Dual Processor, and capture it anamorphic, the quality does not look as crisp and sharp as the original footage. It only looks like as sharp as the original footage if I keep the image streched with no letter box showing. Why would that be? Why does the image soften up when it's captured in NTSC Anamorphic selected for capture?

Re: 16:9 24p footage not same as original
August 24, 2005 07:44PM
Where are you watching the footage where you see it as "not as sharp"? What were your capture settings?
I've captured my 16:9 footage with the capture presets as: DV NTSC 48KHZ Anamorphic. I've noticed the problem after burning it to DVD. If I "print back" to video, the video is sharp. When I export to Quicktime for DVD, I use Quicktime Movie export selection, and keep it selected as "current setting", and then import. That's the file I use to burn to DVD. I've been using IDVD to do the burning, since it's the quicker program to use instead of DVD Studio Pro.

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics